Valued Lives believes that planning can open up new possibilities for you and your family to:
- Plan for key transition points in life e.g. leaving school, moving out of home, starting a new job.
- Think creatively about your living arrangements.
- Extend your informal networks.
- Find opportunities to be involved in different activities.
- Make a contribution; do things differently to better suit you.
- Explore the best supports to bring your vision to life.
The families and people we work with say that they value our experienced team members planning alongside them.
Here are some of the things they have to say:
“Person centred, family oriented, respectful, assisting us to articulate our ideas”
“Offers experienced guidance, direction and facilitation of a team effort”
“Provides information, sharing from Peer learned experiences”
“Breaking the planning journey down into manageable steps”
“Challenges and focuses our thinking while allaying our fears”
“Gives moral support and encouragement”
“Helps navigate the systems and processes – troubleshooting along the way”
“Develops our ideas into something concrete and how it’s going to work”
“Co designs different arrangements to suit each person and family”
“Holds us to account – so we turn our plan into real life”
“Encourages us to keep making progress”